Friday, August 1, 2008

A PG rated night time visit from my "best friend" Jonathan Knight

As long as I keep having these very vivid pregnancy dreams, I will continue to blog about them. Since I was like 10 I've been fascinated by dreams, dream interpretation, and logging dreams. I used to keep a dream journal back in junior high.... there is so much to be learned from our dreams. Since my mom died two and a half years ago, I've had a hard time with my dreams... often hoping to not have any. All of the vivid ones that I would remember were about her. And they weren't pleasant. I would awake upset and the mood would simply ruin my day. While Mama visited me in my dream last night, I didn't feel disturbed by her presence.

The dream seemed to start in a classroom where I realized that Jonathan Knight (from NKOTB and that's the last time I'm writing that) was in the room. I started to talk to him and we learned that we got along well and had a lot in common. He was kind and a good listener. (Admit it, all of you Blockheads know that this was an accurate assessment of Jon's personality). I remember that I just kept gazing at him, amazed that this man I'd had a crush on since I was 12 was right there, before my eyes... and he liked ME. How very high school of me. I think we were out and about then and I wanted to take him to show him off to my mom. I explained to him that my mom was dead and so he probably wouldn't be able to talk to her, hear her, or even see her. But that I could and that I could translate for them. I found her in a car. (Perhaps this is because in real life she doesn't have a permanent resting place. I have no idea where her remains are.) She was in her nightgown. She never rolled down the window. But I could tell that when I told her that I was with my new best friend, Jonathan Knight, she knew exactly who it was and she was happy for me.
I felt so peaceful and at home in this dream. I felt in love and happy and exactly the way that I felt 18 years ago when I would watch the "Hangin' Tough" videos and not take my eyes off of HIM. I was a very loyal fan. Perhaps over the years he has become even more attractive to me because he's battled emotional problems and went on national television to discuss his panic disorder... a move that I found noble and wonderful for I knew how difficult that must have been for him. Not to mention, the thought of any guy who might actually "get" what I go through with depression and anxiety is quite a fantasy.
The dream did make me a little sad for one reason... I can't believe that I'm not going to the concert. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I gave up on the idea. Sigh. Maybe it's not too late?
Zemanta Pixie

3 comments:

  1. If only I had more money I would fly to TN, buy both of us tickets to see NKOTB, and we could drive to Atlanta together. Damnit, why oh why am I always broke. You're the one person who I would actually want to go see this concert with. You introduced me to NKOTB, and even though you went to see NKOTB with Debbie, I've always felt like I was there with you. I don't even remember Debbie being there. I remember Joan, Charles, and you sitting directly in front of Brenda, Daddy, and me. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, that would be super cool. that was one heck of an awesome night... awesome summer actually. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!