Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's hear it for my man!

I just have to take a moment and brag about my amazing husband for a little while. Our financial situation is not all that fantastic. I'm a stay-at-home mom (or, to be fair, a work from home mom who doesn't get paid.... yet. grrrrr) and the economy is terrible. Let's face it. We were raised in the 80's and we aren't used to having to do without anything. But I'm having to learn the concept of "I need that and I simply can't afford it". Now that I don't have mommy and daddy to hand me cash every weekend, it's really been difficult. I guess the harshest reality was when I decided that I'd have to stick it out with my regular multivitamins instead of upgrading to prenatals because I cannot justify the extra money. Anyway, my point is that we are living paycheck to paycheck, and have been wracking up debt, especially during those months following my mom's death and when my sweet husband felt like he couldn't leave me alone. So, finally, after months of feeling like I needed him at home desperately and that he had to work at night, he's taken the plunge and started working an additional full time job. That means that every other week he'll be working 90 hours. I simply cannot believe how lucky I am to be married to this man. I don't want to get rich. I just want to be debt-free and able to afford things like allergy testing, pap smears, and prenatal vitamins. He's going to see to it that my desires are met. One of the reasons I married him was because of his strong work ethic.
He was offered the job the same day that we took the pregnancy test. His absence from home could not have come at a more dreadful time. But, regardless of how exhausted I am, I feel like I'm able to show him that I am better and able to care for our children myself now. The kids are really missing him because they are used to having him home all day every day. I'm missing him too. Of course I appreciate him a whole lot more now when I see him! And I love how he calls to check in on me a few times a day.
The new job is in selling financial services. He seems to like it. Today we surprised him by dropping by his office. It's so nice. Clean, quiet. I was really happy to see that he's not spending his days in some dump. Even the bathroom was lovely. I can't wait to frame a picture of the family for his desk. It's so jobby job of him!
I am so incredibly proud of my wonderful husband. He is such a great dad, a fabulous husband (who spoils me rotten and waits on me hand and foot), and a fantastic provider. I'm so thankful that Satan was not able to destroy our marriage last fall and that we have survived. I feel that this time period is just bringing us closer to one another and for that I am so grateful!
Zemanta Pixie

7 comments:

  1. that's so awesome!!! I'm happy to hear that things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I had liz, the dr. prescribed pre-natal vitamins and I was able to get them thru the pharmacy. The insurance covered most of the expense so i just had to pay a small co-pay. worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the cap'n really wants to take care of the family. What a great individual! Glad to see that we both have folks that love us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer: Thank you so much. I'm really feeling a peace and a calm that I've not felt in years.

    Michelle: Yeah, I'm sure that I could get some sort of prenatal through my insurance but I feel strongly that the Women's Multivitamin that I take will be better than any prescription prenatal. I've had terrible experiences with vitamins in the past and now the only one I'll even consider is New Chapter!

    Miranda: I am too. It's something we both deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me happy. Of course, working 90 hours could likely be exhausting for all of you - so you'll all be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been doing the same for years and are only NOW beginning to climb out of debt. It is a hard time but God is Jehovah Jireh and has proven over and over that He WILL provide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!