Saturday, August 23, 2008

He-Man is a Couch Potato

Last night I was so thankful to feel better because I had an event to host at Center for the Arts. It was called Dinner at the Center and it was something I dreamed up to help get families into the center and to provide our community with low cost arts exposure and entertainment for the entire family. So basically we invited the entire community to join us in the art gallery to enjoy the recent photo exhibit and to enjoy games, puzzles, drawing and dinner. I was so happy to see some of my very favorite people in the world and to meet some new folks who I really really liked! Everyone brought a picnic. And Adam Selzer from Adam and the Couch Potatoes brought the entertainment! Oh my goodness. This guy was awesome. He brought a guitar and a trombone. And egg shakers!! Kids love those things. Adam sang several of his band's original songs and put his own spin on a few classic children's tunes as well. Everyone had a blast and danced their little feet off. But no one had as much fun as my little boy. I've never seen him enjoy himself quite as much as he did last night. He was so excited and he wanted to be right next to Adam the whole time. Is it possible that I have a little musician on my hands? He's certainly sensitive enough to be a song writer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog, and just wanted to say hello. I love it. I live right outside Chattanooga in GA. Right over the state line. I was born and raised there. I am a homeschool mom. Nice to meet you!

    Donna Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    It's nice to meet you as well. Thanks for dropping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!