Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Give it Away, Give it Away, Give it Away now.

Book cover of Book cover via Amazon All of the circumstances in my world have combined together to really almost push me into learning more about the law of prosperity. After all of this talk of being broke and "hard times" (what a great song by one of my favorite bands... ahem, excuse me), a friend came over one day to share some conversation, some reading materials and... well... to read my "cards". Okay, so I'm not typically into having my tarot cards read. As a matter of fact, I'd never even really seen a stack of tarot cards until last week during our visit so this isn't some hobby of mine. But when she told me that she'd been looking at her own cards, I said, "Hey, bring them with you." I was curious and intrigued. I always have been. And I believe that the universe or God or whatever will use whatever means necessary to communicate to a person what he or she needs to do. Since I've been in a place of confusion and despair lately, for the most part, I am going to take any guidance I can get. Somehow, the cards really showed me some things that I already knew but just didn't know, you know? Anyway, the bottom line is that the cards said that there was a new job in our family and that the new job and current transitions were being complicated by something, perhaps a new baby. Dur. They also told me that the eventual outcome will be strength and victory over our current circumstances. All of that is just stuff I already knew. What I found to be really interesting is that one card said that in the past I've been stingy with my money or perhaps I had money and didn't realize how good I had it (or maybe both, in my particular circumstance). Another card said that people see me and my family as desolate and poor. It was those last two cards that really struck me. I HAVE been stingy with my money. This was a result of my being trained up to have a fear of lack and to be constantly in worry that there was not and would not be enough. Perhaps that came from a fear that my dad would die or leave... and my knowing that my mother would never in a million years be able to survive. I don't know exactly where it came from but it was clearly not working for me. Things could be a lot worse around here but they could also be a lot better. So, what harm would there be in changing? I thought about what the cards said for a day or two and then I picked up the books that my pal had brought with her. One of them is The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder and the other is You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. W0w. I had no idea how desperately I needed a swift kick in the rear. I'm barely through the first chapters in both books and already I feel an intense shift in my mindset, my mood, and my attitude. I have learned, without a doubt, that I have some serious issues with hoarding. Sure, I've made gigantic steps towards fixing this problem... but those steps were really only in order to serve my other ocds (like having yard sales to get rid of anything that reminded me of "the old me" or spending more money than I would have in the past on things like Vitamins because of a fear of being sick... not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with that). The past few days have shown me several opportunities to step outside of my comfort zone and think differently about my money and my notions of giving and I already see how quickly the universe steps up and gives right back to me. For instance, I spent fifteen bucks Friday night on an Adam and the Couch Potatoes cd (and then I was given a ride to Nashville for the BOLD Red Tent by this cool lady). I was planning a yard sale but not really looking forward to it. I asked God to show me what to do with the stuff because selling it didn't seem right and then a mom from my online home school group sent out a message asking for yard sale donations for the sale they are having this weekend to help raise money for their daughter's medical expenses. I read this and I struggled. I thought, "But my family is having a hard time too. I need to just sell these things and use the money for the baby or something." My answer was loud and clear. No. I was to give this stuff to this mom. I sent her a note and the second I sent the note, I felt so light and carefree. I was blessed in so many ways that I can't even count them and the best blessing has been my overwhelming sense of peace and calm. I'm excited to be on this adventure. And to think this is only the beginning. I can't wait to see what other blessings, for my family and for other families, will come simply because I was brave enough to pick up a book or two!

In other news:
-I am feeling soooo much better. I'm able to rest more this week thanks to a friend who is bringing food and because my wonderful hubby will be home for at least the next six nights. Yay!!
-Despite the fact that two out of three of our vehicles are not working (the Cap'n called me from the side of the road last week... after losing any and all control of the vehicle thanks to some malfunction and hitting a light pole), I feel at peace about our being provided for. All is well in my world.
-He-Man is suffering from seasonal allergies again (after two years of being symptom free) but I'm not worried because I have plenty of this stuff on hand.
-The rain is fantastic!
-Yesterday we had this and this new church friend over (and the last one brought me two, in perfect condition NKOTB posters!!!), today a buddy is bringing us food, tomorrow we will have an old friend and her little bean over, Thursday more friends will visit and then that afternoon I will be spending time with my favorite gal and then having dinner at her house. I'd dare say that I'm taking care of the social isolation issue... (I barely saw anyone but my husband during the weeks when I was pregnant before. Is it any wonder I went totally nutso?)
-I think that we have decided to throw caution to the wind and investigate another home birth. Vandy has not been what we've needed in a care center for this pregnancy. Medicine is creepy at times. And really invasive.

Prayer Requests:
My friend Beth has learned that her four-year-old son has a condition called Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and basically that means that he had only 2000 of his 250,000-400,000 needed platelets. He was checked yesterday and the platelets are back up. WAY UP! Please pray that they continue to go up and that they remain up!

Nicolas is doing much better but still needs our prayers.

My friend Anna is having early pregnancy complications. Please pray for complete healing for her and the baby.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!