Sunday, August 10, 2008

Come On Get Artsy: Or How I've Been Spending My Monday Mornings

For the past three Mondays, the kids and I have been at Center f0r the Arts during the morning. I am so pleased to say that the first ongoing series of "artshops" for Artsy Mamas has gone over really well... especially considering Jennifer and I were totally winging it. I mean, seriously, I went into this not having a clue what I was doing and now here we are, near the end. It's a little sad actually. I've made a couple of new friends through the experience and I've learned so much. Better yet, the kids have really enjoyed getting dirty and getting their art on, something they don't do so often around here what with the constant eating and viewing of quality television like "Spongebob Squarepants" and "Roseanne" (where do you think Donut has learned to be such a loud mouth? Certainly not from ME!). Anyway, the first Monday was all about drawing and painting. The second week we focused on Drama and Puppets (and I led the drama games and was soooo glad that I decided to not do the drama class for 3-6 year olds... I see why such classes are obsolete in these parts). Last week we got our hands dirty with various types of dough and clay. I've had a blast and I think my kids have, eh, sorta liked it! Tomorrow is Music and Creative Movement and I've got NOTHING to do with it so I'm excited to see what Leah and Stephanie have come up with. If you missed this series this time around, I'm certain we will give it another shot next year. I'm also certain that we will change a few things but I believe that it's been successful enough to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!