Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pregnancy "PG-13 Rated" Dreams: Have You Been Plagued?


So, the other night I confessed to a fellow mom that I have had a recent and relatively steamy dream about David Hyde Pierce. I won't out her here but she said that she, too, had such a dream while pregnant. About David Hyde Pierce. I found this to be funny and fascinating. Why aren't we dreaming about George Clooney and Brad Pitt? Why an openly gay, though adorable, actor? Is it because he's not a threat? Do our fantasies relate to the fact that we are angry at the straight guys who put us in our condition? Or are we just weird? Nevermind the fact that I've got a crush on Niles. We won't talk about that. Shhhhhhh.

Just when I think that I've analyzed the DHP dreams and figured it all out... I have another dream. This time it's about an actor who has at the very least played gay characters. Of course, I have no idea if he's gay or not but he could be. What I do know is that he played a similarly impish and less-than-manly role on another favorite sitcom. Again, forget the fact that I have had a crush on this kid since the moment he was identified as Kevin, Mark's brother on "Roseanne". The next time Johnny Galecki appeared, his name had magically been changed to David which makes you wonder if the writers for that show were on drugs or something. That curly shaggy "in his face" mop and black chucks really did me in. Sadly, I never had the courage to approach any of the boys who might even slightly have been similar to David Healy when I was in high school. The artsy types, ironically, always eluded me.

Perhaps it's the character. Perhaps I am subconsciously attracted to the idea of a guy who will keep his mouth shut and let me boss him around and who will very rarely stand up for himself. Perhaps this is especially attractive during pregnancy. I can certainly see how it would be.

What I do know is that I was always stereotypically attracted to these quiet sensitive short types. The boys who worshiped their women and who lived their lives for one reason only: to make their girls (Daphne and Darlene as the case may be) happy. I married a man who seems quite different from these guys. I say seems because I've yet to figure him out. One thing is for certain, I look forward to not being pregnant so that my dreams can be about him again.

What about you? Have you had "PG-13 Rated" Dreams about celebrities while with child? Please note that you can post your comments anonymously!
**Edit: According to Johnny's personal myspace page, he is STRAIGHT. Whew, what a relief!
Zemanta Pixie

7 comments:

  1. Just when I was starting to realise I was pregnant the first time, I had a sexy dream about Chris Cornell from Soundgarden! Oh la la!

    The 2nd time, just as I was beginning to realise that I might be pregnant, I had a sexy dream about Marilyn Manson. GAG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I have sexy dreams all the time about an array of folks, celebrity or not. In fact it could be said that, in my dreams, I'm quite slutty. And actually, only recently have my sexy dreams become about my husband at all, and even still, those are rare (though totally hot when they occur). The point I'm getting at is that they occur regularly for me now, and I'm sure they didn't stop with pregnancy because my libido was through the freakin' roof then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm not alone girls. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to clarify that my dreams are PG-13 rated dreams. Not XXX or even R!! So, for what it's worth, these are not exactly "sex" dreams about which I write. I'd keep that stuff to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with Johnny Galecki as well! Totally Hot. uh...there were a few others that I had pregnancy dreams about too all the time. I'll keep you posted if I can remember...but Nicolas Cage was in there a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, of course Nick Cage was one of them. Duh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!