Wednesday, July 9, 2008

MY INTENTION


Foods from plant sourcesFor about a year now, I've been "working towards" something but I wasn't sure what it was. When I got the opportunity to pursue a television program for Artsy Mamas, I was thrilled beyond belief. After all, my dream job was in television, right? But it never quite felt right. Never felt like exactly what I wanted to do. When it didn't work out (or has yet to work out due to the threat of the station being shut down) I was simply not that disappointed.

I keep coming back to the idea of television and radio though. I've been thinking really intensely about it and trying to visualize what I'd feel comfortable doing. Like what was it that I could see myself doing, enjoying, and feeling fully complete as a result.

Well, for one thing, I've decided to at least look into creating an internet radio show for Artsy Mamas. That seems to fit the mission and my vision a little better. Plus it gets me into radio. Not to mention, doing a radio show in your home on your own phone and computer is relatively simple and cheap.

But the biggest realization that I've come to is that I love food. I love to cook. I love to uncook. And I love to minister to other mothers about food and the reality that their kids will eat healthy foods! They will!!!! I promise. There is nothing that I'd rather do than create a cooking/food/talk show about feeding children healthy foods despite all of the McDonalds and evil fast "food" establishments around us. We know who won't be our sponsor. LOL. Well, I can keep my mouth shut in order to be picked up by PBS, I spose. Sad sad sad. Anyway, my point is that I am speaking this right now. I am on a journey to figure out how to make this happen. Perhaps I won't make it onto PBS but perhaps I will. What I want, however, is to inspire mothers all over this country to take risks and stand her ground when it comes to putting only good things into her child's body. Can I get an amen?

So, there ya have it. That's my goal. My final decision. I can't wait to watch it manifest.
I know that God will put me in touch with the right people, connect me with the right connections, and give me the right heart and the love that I will need to make this happen.
Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

  1. Amen girl! I love your spunk, and I would totally tune into your cooking show! I love trying creative new recipes, especially ones that trick my kids into eating their veggies!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister!
    Now don't close the door on PBS
    they could ask you to be a guest on their show "Place of Our Own" And the commercials that McDonalds has on PBS, making it seem as if there food gets kids on the right track, not cool but I can be a sucker for those double cheese burgers, LOL. I can use lots of tips on getting my 2 yr old son to eat his veggies, heck get him to eat all together.
    So rock on and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!