Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why the heck not?

It seems that I've been tagged by this lady. Hmm... Okay? Well, I see no reason not to keep the ball rolling! It's not like a I have a giant party to host today (or a mysterious library book about birds that I "allegedly"-Thank you Ms. Kathy Griffin!- did not return to look for). So, here it goes.

Here are the rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blog.
e. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Six things about me because I'm that vain. No, because Angel asked. And when Angel snaps her fingers, I stand at attention.

1. I've never been pulled over by a police officer, much less given a traffic ticket. However, the summer after I got my one and only car (a 97 green Ford Taurus if you must know) I used ex boyfriend yet still best friend's old parking pass and racked up hundreds of dollars worth of parking tickets and ended up having to park my car right off of campus for a little while in the yard of yet another ex's house to avoid yet another boot on my tires.

2. I am an only child. My father is still living but we are estranged (a reference to a great book I just finished). My mom is deceased, all of my grand parents are deceased, and I only keep in touch with a small handful of cousins, aunts and uncles... most of whom are only HALF kin to me but I love them no less. And apparently, 17 years ago I was in love with my cousin Brandall: but I didn't know his name nor that he was my cousin (MAGS story to follow Garden Party).

3. I have very specific favorites and I tend to be overly loyal to them:
Favorite Movie: (tie) Six Degrees of Separation and Ghost World
Favorite Song: "C'est La Vie" by Robbie Neville
Favorite TV show: "The Office"
Favorite Band: The B-52s
Favorite Book: Anything by Paul Zindel (though it's really not... see what I mean?)
Favorite Food: Raw chocolate... Ridiculous Chocolate to be exact!
Favorite Thing to wear: Chucks (though it's really not that either)
Favorite Place to Eat: Garden Allegro- It closed in the late 90's

4. I'm probably a nudist at heart. I am not modest and I find myself "forgetting" that I'm naked. On days when I don't have anywhere to go, I simply don't get dressed. I dread the days when my kids are uncomfortable by my being undressed. Oh, and I HATE underwear. Yuck. But I wear it when I go out into public, for the record!

5. I wish that I could go back to college and get a trillion different degrees. I'd study sociology, social work, graphic design, more theater and women's studies, religion, art, history, literature... sigh. To be a student again.

6. I've been "online" since I was 14. We were some of the first po people that I knew of to have a pc. I was so spoiled I even had my own pc in my own bedroom. With that pc, we subscribed to something called *Prodigy*. My login was dsdn78b. On prodigy there was something called e-mail. Ever heard of it? Each account got 30 free emails per month. Well, this was no good since I'd befriended tens of people through bulletin boards for fans of the B-52s, Bjork (back when she was in the Sugarcubes), Pet Shop Boys, and, one very special friend who also loved Jon Lovitz (Long Live Lovitz, Paul!). So, some of us sneaky kids decided to rig up free mail. This simply meant we would give out our log ins and passwords. I'm pretty sure that in all of those months I used free mail, only one time did anything bad happen and it was so bad that I don't even remember the details. What great memories!

Now, I must tag some fellow bloggers!

Okay, I'll tag: Kate, Jill, Elizabeth, Tamara, Leanna, and Tracy!

7 comments:

  1. We had prodigy back in the day too!

    Oh, Mandy. You are so wonderful. I hope you remember that every single morning you wake up!

    Oh, and a friend of mine is starting to make bio diesel and it reminded me of your husband doing that. fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My post is up. It was hard to think of 6 things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week, I've been snapping a plenty and I don't see you doing much jumping :)

    Good luck finding that library book and throwing your giant party. I hope it's a smashing success-- on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know what prodigy is. :( we didn't get internet in my town til i was 13, which we immediately purchased, i had a nice 1gig hard drive on my computer in my room, ha. but i'm pretty sure that yahoo was around back then, so my dad created us email addresses. since brat@yahoo was taken, i was then deemed "theotherbrat," which i quickly changed to bigolhonkinjesusfreak_cantgetenuf@hotmail. i would've spelled enough correctly but it was too many characters. ha. i'll post my facts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I'll let you know when I do this ... I just need to spend a little time on it. I think I am going to do this at my other, more personal blog.

    I'm trying to keep Coming Up Rosemary a little more organized.

    You're welcome to read my livejournal, too ... but if you don't have an LJ account, you can't read it all because I friends lock some of the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My post is up and I tagged you again because I am a nerd and a recluse who doesn't know anyone else's blog to link to. Luv Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're still such a hot mom! :D

    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!