Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love Our LORD!!


Isn't it great how our Lord works?

Last night I enjoyed the first meeting of our new small group at North Boulevard. We tried to get involved with small groups in the past but it just never seemed to work out well for us. Then we got word that a new one was starting right inside the church building with FREE childcare across the hall. This means no cats, no dogs, and happy children. My kids were thrilled with the babysitters and they had a great time. I was thrilled to spend time with other Christian adults discussing some really intriguing topics. What's even cooler is that the group is being led by a wonderful man that the Captain and I had sat down and spoken with a year and a half ago. We both really liked him and, I can't speak for them, but I'm excited that we are back in touch!

Yesterday was the beginning of a new program that I've helped start at Center for the Arts called "The Playground". The concept is that we provide fun kid-friendly activities for little ones while moms and dads (or grandparents, etc) watch the play. We started off with just one non-center affiliated child. But I consider it to be a trial run. After all, we have to start somewhere, right? There were board games, kite making, painting, puppets, blocks, and a cardboard house! The kids never seemed even slightly bored. I pray that this concept takes off. We are hoping that we will also be able to use it for the cast and crew's kids so that more moms and dads can be involved in productions without having to worry about childcare. I know that I would audition for plays at the center if I knew that I could bring my kids and let them hang out and be supervised by an adult while I did rehearsals. This is exactly what I've been praying for. It just had to happen in His time. I love how He keeps showing me that!

And finally, I've been feeling sorta bleh about myself again. Just as I was about ready to decide, yet again, that I must be a terrible person and that nobody loves me (I'll just go eat worms, I receive an outpouring of support and love from people. Two friends told me that I rock via facebook and four people responded with congratulations and caring to my Artsy Mamas newsletter. I know that those messages were from God to help build me up after the difficult weekend that I had. And I'm so thankful. Because I really need to be up and at 'em for the Garden Party this week. How fortunate I am to have friends who want to play live music in my yard and then even more friends who want to come and share the joy of the music and love!! What a blessing it is!!

6 comments:

  1. Mandy I couldn't agree more...even in our times of sadness or brokenness..it's kind of crazy that he still works in our lives and when the answers to prayers and good moments come it's amazing!

    I love you and I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life at just the right times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, Jen. And I too am thankful that you are in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading things like this make me want to give you huge hugs and tell you you're insane for thinking people don't like you. though really in general people never care as much as i'd like, we americans are all self-centered jerks.

    well not you, you're great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that i have to miss the garden party, but know that I love you. I hope it goes smashingly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, a garden party sounds so fun!

    I know what you mean about small groups. My husband and I used to lead one at our house. After we had Rosemary, it got difficult, but others stepped up to help. Then almost everyone in the group had a baby and it got VERY difficult and just kind of fell apart.

    We're having a little reunion BBQ this weekend, and that should be fun!

    *Kate @ www.cominguprosemary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!