Saturday, May 24, 2008

The top ten bruises on my body.


When I was in high school, I wrote for our newspaper. Well, to be fair, I helped create our newspaper (and on senior honors night, our advisor gave me an award-it was a book and she'd actually purchased the book from me earlier that day because I worked at the local bookstore). I was given the award for helping turn the newspaper into a small tabloid. I liked that. At any rate, I was a little random with the things I'd stick in there. One time I did a column called the "Top Ten Bruises on Courtney Love's Body". Somehow, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that I ripped that off from "SNL" but I digress. The point is that she was always walking around sporting some really nasty looking bruises. I really took this personally because I, too, tended to be covered in funky bruises. Of course, as a malnourished vegetarian, I couldn't expect anything else.
Generally I have a lot less trouble with bruising these days. That is, as long as I take my iron supplements and I don't miss even one day. But I have this dirty little secret. I'm one of those people who is easily distracted. When I have a lot going on for some reason, everything else sorta falls along the wayside. Well, the past month or so, I've been working full time on Mamapalooza. You'd think I'd be smart enough to really focus on caring for my body during a time of great stress and activity. But no. I'm the opposite. When I'm busy, I just totally forget to take my vitamins and supplements. So, for the past several weeks, my supplementation has been sporadic at best. The results? Bruises on both hips. Small ones along my legs. And one terribly gross sucker on my right calf. So, folks, that is not a fun tattoo peeking out from under my leggings. It is a three inch long bruise that probably came from the dishwasher or some other random household appliance.

Yesterday, I stopped by the health food store and bought this. Hopefully I'll be bruise free in a week's time or else someone might have my husband arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!