Sunday, May 18, 2008

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

This morning as we hurriedly got ready for church, (The Captain and I were in the kitchen, the kids were in the living room eating breakfast at their fuschia table), somehow the topic of Santa Claus came up. Well, my family does not "do" Santa Claus. It's not that I've banned his image or name from my home. I simply don't tell my children that he brings them gifts and that he is a real person. Well, He-Man stated, "Santa Claus lives at the North Pole". So I replied, "H, is Santa a real person or a make believe person?" He responded, "He's a real person. He brings presents to all of the boys and girls." I looked at the Captain and said, "UnbelIEVable", to which He-Man replied, "Oh, you didn't know that?" I thought I would pass out from the laughter. I mean, here he thinks that I'm the dummy who doesn't know a thing about Santa. So, I had to have a conversation again with him about how Santa is not real. He doesn't bring gifts. Mommies and Daddies bring gifts. Blah blah blah. No matter how hard I try, it seems that my kids are going to end up believing these things! Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!