Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'll be right here.

Now that He-Man is four years old which translates to "child who is pleasant to be around", I fall more and more in love with him every day. I accidentally turned the tv onto Nick at Nite last night. They were showing "E.T". I left it on the channel just to see what would happen. Well, he loved it. I was so happy! That was my favorite movie when I was his age and to be able to share the love of it with my son makes me feel overjoyed. Heck, one of the reasons why I chose Elliott for his middle name was because of that movie! So, I sat quietly working while he watched. At the end, during the goodbye scene, I heard him say, "Awwwwww" several times and I thought I would cry. How wonderful to witness my own child enjoying the same things that had meant so much to me so many years ago. When it was over he told me that "Him's had a new friend. I like that movie. I want to watch it again." Sigh.

A few minutes ago he sweetly said to me, "Mommy, would you like to sit on the couch and cuddle and kiss for a little while?" Wow. What did I do to deserve such a precious little boyfriend?

1 comment:

  1. Awe how cute!

    I must say that ET was and is still my fav movie I was so excited when I saw that it was coming on last night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!