Monday, April 21, 2008

I love my home!


Since the warm weather finally reared its head and the hubby mowed the lawn, I've been thoroughly enjoying my home, inside and OUT.
A few weeks ago, we made a trip to IKEA. During this trip, we made a purchase of some new kitchen curtains. They really added some color to the room and now I desire to be in my kitchen more than ever. I even rearranged my lazy susan and "bread cubby hole". Now all of my regularly used spices, sweeteners, oils, etc. are easily accessible right next to me whenever I'm cooking or preparing food, which is more and more often these days. My counter is now more clear. And I LOVE cleared counters.
Our home is such a wonderful place to be. I truly love it. From the moment I walk in the front door, I feel so thankful.
He-Man and I had a wonderful afternoon last week. We laid a blanket on the ground...



And this was the view...Occasionally, I like to sit here and read. I've been reading a lot lately. I'm reading a book by Roald Dahl's grandaughter, I just finished THE MEMORY KEEPER'S DAUGHTER, and I've also just started Nora Ephron's I FEEL BAD ABOUT MY NECK.

Once in a while I like to get out my favorite cook book. This is not to be confused with my favorite Uncook book. I rarely actually follow a recipe. Instead, I just browse through the wonderful recipes and then become inspired to make something myself with whatever random item I have on hand. Yesterday, I curled up in my reading spot with the cookbook and I became inspired to make something with lemon. I love lemon. I love lemon zest. So, I came inside, zested the heck out of a lemon and blended it with vegan butter and fresh ground black pepper and agave nectar. Then I made buscuits. See?

And I served it with strawberries.

As a dessert after this pizza.






3 comments:

  1. Wow girl! I think so often I dont' spend enough time in my home but when I do I appreicate everything that we do have instead of worrying about what we dont' have.........thanks for making me remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there

    Blog hopping here. check out my contest for mothers day .. i am giving away a kitchen ceramics set consist of salt & pepper shaker and oil/vinegar.

    Hope you can join in..

    Thanks
    Vhiel
    Can of Thoughts
    Designs By Vhiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the biscuits, especially with the photo. The photo confuses me...explain please. Maybe send the recipe?!
    miranda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!