Monday, March 24, 2008

Family, Friends, Food, and Fun!

Yesterday was a busy holiday! The kids and I got up and, sadly, bundled ourselves in layers due to the sudden change in temperature. We managed to make it to church with the in laws at just the right time. The Captain made it there right on time too. It must have been meant to be. We had given the kids their Easter "bucket" the night before. It was filled with chocolate, Florida Natural fruit treats, fruit leathers, Annie's honey grahams, Easter stickers, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Go Fish Cards. At church, He-Man was given a giant bag of Easter goodies (complete with bubble gum and candy... which kinda bothered me). We saw the Tiny Mr. Brock there and he was ridiculously cute. Everyone oohed and ahhed over how big and beautiful the kids are. Yeah. I know! You don't have to tell me that I have the most adorable kids on earth! We left church and went to PapaCaren's house for pizza and another egg hunt and more Easter goodies. Now we have six webkinz. Whew! After we left there, we came home where I had a lot of cleaning to do due to the massive amount of new stuff and Donut's dumping bubbles on the rug. So, I didn't have time to prepare my boring contribution to the He-Man family meal we were attending. Once I got the floor vacuumed and the clutter rearranged, it was off to Amanda's for a wonderful home cooked meal. I tried LAMB. Which is weird for me to even say! Donut ate two plates of food and two helpings of dessert. He-Man cleaned his plate and then had double helping of dessert. They are such good eaters! We were exhausted when we got back home. I was so thankful for a busy day to keep me occupied and my mind off of missing Mama. I'm so thankful for my family and my friends. Thanks to my friends, Donut had a sweet little Easter dress to wear, I had a book to read that has helped me feel more in touch with my Lord, and we felt like part of a big family on a major holiday. Most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus and his huge sacrifice... just for me. And you. He is risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!