Thursday, February 14, 2008

To all the Boys I've loved Before

In honor of this sacred and commercialized holiday, I thought that I would share what I remember about some of the boys from my past. Some of them are distant memories, others are still an important part of my life. I'll try to be nice.

Josh
I taught him how to make out at the football stadium. Both of us were sentence diagraming team captains in our 8th grade English class. He had the nickname Spock. I bought him the cologne California for Christmas and I sprayed it all over the giant teddy bear that he gave me, along with a Brooks and Dunn cd that my mom accidentally gave away once I went off to college. His mom looked just like Reba McEntire and, because I would see both her and Reba in Kroger, I often would have to ask my mother, "Is that Josh's mom or is it just Reba?" We signed our notes and ended our phone calls with, "I love you Infinity". He broke my heart.

Matt
He was great friends with my mom. He was new to the area and he was a dancer. I wore my Morrisey gold western shirt to his house for dinner. I liked going to his church. All of my girlfriends were jealous because I got to date him. We took gym together freshman year and we would walk together side by side in our gold shirts and scratchy green shorts. Yuck. He is still one of my best friends. His mom was my mom's hospice nurse.

Heath
He lied about having sex with me on the hood of a car that he no longer had by time that I met him. Once, we went to Hopkinsville, KY with his family and took a trip to the mall. He bought me Sesame Street figurines for Valentines day. We had one Valentine's day dance at my school and I'm pretty sure that he and I are the reason there was not another one. I was crazy in love with him. On Sundays we would go to church and then "hang out" at his house afterwards. Ahem. He broke my heart.

Chris B
He was my best friend. He liked to draw. He broke my heart. I can't say much more than that.

Geoffrey
I fell in love with him when I was 16 years old. We were inseperable for years. I attended both proms with him (even though at my first one, we both had different dates). For Valentine's day of 1997 we spent the weekend in Gatlinburg and he gave me a bunch of different gifts throughout the day, each was better than the last one... and it ended in a jewelry set of rubies and diamonds, earrings, necklace, and ring. I'd described my ideal engagement ring and that was what it looked like. I guess until I walked down the aisle with Michael I always thought I'd end up with him. He's still the closest person in the world to me and one of my very best friends. He stood by my side the entire day of my mother's funeral and even when he's a jerk face, I know that he loves me and worships the ground I walk on. I feel the same about him.

Jaime
We met at an audition for "The Conspiracy". Despite the fact that I was dating his roommate, the good guy won the girl. He treated me better than any guy has ever treated me but, guess what? I dumped him anyway. We are still very good friends.

Paul
We shared a birthday and we met when my friend William and I were buying pizza. He may have still been in high school and a total geek who loved Wacko Warner but he was hot hot hot and I still think he is amazingly hot. He is an accomplished artist and he's friends with a bunch of my new friends. Go Pauly!!!!

Chris D
We met at Blockbuster. It's a cute story. Not worth telling now. It was quite a whirlwind romance and within a few months, we were getting married. I was on cloud nine, but stressed out of my mind. It fell apart. He changed his mind the day before we were to be married. I learned so much from that experience. Mostly I see now how things happen for a reason. Today we are both pursuing our dreams and neither of us would be if we'd been married that day. Sometimes I wish that I could just talk to him. I doubt if I'll ever talk to him again though. For the Valentines Day that we were a couple, he conspired with my mom to create a treasure hunt inside of Blockbuster which led me to find movie boxes by pieces of paper behind them with quotes. The final one had a key which led me to the back room where I found tacky striped pants which he had sewn.

Hunter
We met in a psychology class. He sat in the back of the room and read geek books while wearing sunglasses and a trench coat. Sigh. How could I resist? It was a long windy bumpy road but that poor guy married me. Five Valentine's days ago, we moved into our first house. I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Paul must really be awesome, he got listed twice. /hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!