Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I wouldn't have nothin' if I didn't have

To listen to this stinkin' song alllllll day long.

He-Man has traded in his Lightning McQueen obsession for a love of "Monster's Inc". Sigh. He's sorta crazy about the song, "If I Didn't Have You". His grandmother kindly made him a cd with this song on it... about five times. It makes its way from living room stereo to computer to kitchen stereo to laptop to boom box several times a day. I suppose this is the revenge that I had coming my way due to that three or four month period when I was... about He-Man's age and I walked around with my red (starting to notice some similarities here) tape recorder listening to "Tomorrow" from Annie at full volume, singing at the top of my lungs. My aunt Linda said that Thanksgiving she was about ready to show me Tomorrow. I can see why now.

I like the song. It's really cute and it's sung by two of my favorite actors, John Goodman and Billy Crystal. I mean, it's pretty flawless. But Come ON!!! I have needs. I have musical needs especially. This new issue in our household has me yelling things like, "You aren't the only person who lives in this house", "Hey, what about my music?", "We can listen just one more time and then Mommy gets to pick the cd", and, my favorite, "What makes you think you can turn that on on top of my Hall and Oates, for crying out loud?" The child has an obsessive personality, just like his mother. And a tendency to sing at the top of his lungs. Just like his mother.

I must admit, I am kinda looking at this as rehearsal time. I have visions of next year's Mamapalooza including a duet... Mother and Son dance and sing to a sweet little ditty and proclaim that they wouldn't have nothing if they didn't have each other. Because it's sorta true.

Photobucket
Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!