Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cute kids quotes and reflecting

The kids have been saying some pretty cute things... duh.

Donut: "I wub you too. I wub you too. I wub you too."
"I don't want to do that now."
"I love to kiss."

He-Man: "I feel happy in the morning and I feel angry in the night time."

They help keep me smiling on days like today.

So, as you may or may not know, today is the 2nd anniversary of my mom's death. I was thoughtful enough to forewarn my family that today was "the four of us" day. We loitered around the house together, took a shower together, ate lunch together, delivered food to our friends together, made dinner together, and ate dinner together. Now we are all cuddling on the sofa together. The girls on one end, the boys on the other.

We had scallops for dinner. They were tasty. He-Man had a loving attitude this evening so that made things easier. I read some of my old live journal from when she passed away. It wasn't comforting. Thank you to those who acknowledged my loss today and who recognized the grief I am still experiencing. Check my other blog to read the letter I'm about to go write to her, knot in stomach or not.

2 comments:

  1. I love you times a thousand. You are strong and amazing, and I hope that you know how much you mean to me!!! Sorry I have been out of it lately. Sick kids tend to do that to us, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you sweetie, glad you were able to make it through the day *hug*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!