Friday, January 18, 2008

Two Vegan "recipes"

I created some recipes... sorta.

Potato Coconut Curry Chowder
1 bag of red potatoes
4 yellow onions
2 cups of sliced baby carrots
2 cans of light coconut milk
minced garlic
salt
brown sugar
curry powder
cinnamon
pumpkin pie spice

Cook in a slow cooker. Blend with one of those stick blenders.

Easy Vegan chili

1 can kidney beans
1 can white beans
1 can black beans
1 bag frozen peas, carrots, and corn
1 bag of Publix brand frozen veggie crumbles
1 jar of Trader Joe's marinara sauce
fresh cilantro
3 cups cooked brown rice
onion
1 packet of chili seasoning

sautee veggie crumbles and onion with chili seasoning, add all ingredients to slow cooker, add water. cook. enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think I could put the rice in uncooked and add extra water? Or maybe do the rice by itself first (in the crock pot), then add the other stuff? I'm trying to so more crock pot stuff so I can go outside and play in the garden in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!