Friday, December 21, 2007

Five years ago today

I was drinking champagne in a heart shaped hot tub. I'd enjoyed a lovely meal at the Olive Garden a hearty laugh over our vehicle not starting after the reception. I fit into a size six. I was still in shock that he'd actually gone through with saying those vows... in front of God and, gasp, his parents. I was Mrs. Michael Wayne Jones and nothing else in the entire world mattered. For months I would have dreams where I'd "remember" that I was married and everything would be okay after that. Marrying the Captain was the most reassuring thing that I've ever done. Somehow I just knew that if we married, I'd be fine.

I love my husband. I'd marry him again in a heart beat.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!